On Saturday 21 November, the club hosted our annual End of Year Dinner and Awards Ceremony in the fantastic surroundings of Devalera’s Irish Bar.
“Dev’s” is the club sponsor, and as usual the brilliant and hard-working staff went out of their way to make it a great night for everyone concerned. Many thanks to you all.
In the time-honoured GAA tradition, speeches were held after dinner, commemorating what has been a monumental year for Belgium GAA.
The hurling and ladies football teams were celebrated for their success in winning their pan-European championships, while Conan Mac Oscair was hailed for his remarkable achievement in winning the McNamee Award for Best GAA Website.
Finally, the following awards were presented to club members who made outstanding contributions on and off the field:
- Camogie Player of the Year: Sylvia McCarthy
- Hurling Player of the Year (And European Poc Fada champion) : Conor Aylward
- Mens Footballer of the Year: Stephen Kearney
- Womens Footballer of the Year: Laura Whiskerd
- Special Club Award for Oustanding Achievement: Martin Crowley
- Club Person of the Year: Phil Cushen
The club now turns its attentions to 2010, where we hope to have still more success on and off the field of battle.
Well done everyone on a magnificent 2009.
(for another report on the big night, see Dave Barrett’s blog)